Dad’s new GF
“Mom did you see dad’s new girlfriend?”
Mom, we got to meet dad’s friend Rachel this weekend.
Mom, who was that with dad at my game?
Is your baby daddy dating someone new every other month?
Is he NOT being responsible around your children with his choices of words and exposure of his new love interest?
I am going to give you 3 things to say to your children to help them better understand or deal with their dad’s relationship ego.
- “Yes, I saw your dad’s new friend. I am here to talk if you ever have questions. Don’t presume to know anything more or less.”
- “Remember kids, just be respectful to her as you would any adult.”
- “Kids, just focus on your dad while you at his house, don’t get attached to his friend, she might be busy next weekend.”
I am going to give you 3 things you can say to your ex about the revolving door at his house.
- “Your children look forward to seeing their dad and having quality time with him, not sharing the time with a new “friend.” They want dad time not being boyfriend time. Please consider making it quality alone daddy time.
- “Your children look for your full attention during and after their sporting events or performances, so give them all the love, attention and support they deserve, if that means you come alone then please do so.”
- “Your children are not stupid so please don’t lie to them and say “she is just a friend”.”
Now some of these might get you a big F you from your ex!
You are not going to control him or make him stop but remind him, his actions are being seen by his children with questions at your house that he can choose to answer himself or allow for your own personal interpretation. Either way time with your children should be spent with THEM and use the non-parenting time for you “dating.”
You can only be there for your kids to talk to and be supportive. All the more importance of making sure your time with the children is devoted to them until the time is right for you as well to start dating. But be more responsible and make sure the new BF is one that is worthy of meeting your children.